About Franklin County and Preston Idaho
Franklin County & Area City Information
We are still gathering information for each of the cities listed below. If you have information please send it to us!
39 West Oneida Street
City Of Preston
City Of Franklin
128 E Main Street
Franklin is Idaho's oldest town, settled on April 14, 1860 by Mormon Pioneers traveling in covered wagon. The town was named in honor of LDS Apostle Franklin D. Richards. This town is the beginning of the Pioneer Historic Byway that starts at US 91 to Idaho 34 ending at the Idaho/Wyoming border. The community is a fine example of an early Mormon Village in the way in which it is laid out. Historic sites include: the Hatch House, the ZCMI mercantile building, the state owned Pioneer Relic Halls, an original Yellowstone Highway marker, and an old Grist Mill.
Whitney was the boyhood home of Ezra Taft Benson who served as Secretary of Agriculture in the Eisenhower Administration, and then as President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The home in which he was raised still stands on the family farm. “T” Benson and his wife Flora are buried in the Whitney cemetery. Whitney is accessed from U.S. Highway 91 – a delightful rural community standing much as it has since its founding. See more information on Wikipedia.
City Of Clifton
175 W Center St
City of Dayton - City Hall
999 N Westside Hwy